We have made the difficult
decision to temporarily close
our books as we currently have
no capacity for new data
Data Cleansing Services
The Data Cleansing Group is a Melbourne based provider of data cleansing services to Australian organisations.
Our data cleansing services include merging, migration, rebuilding, de-duplication, standardisation, normalisation, verifying, enriching & appending missing data. Expressed another way, we do whatever it takes to provide you with clean data.
Our data cleaning solutions increase your organisation’s ROI and productivity whilst reducing cost and wastage.
We Cleanse Data
Data cleaning services include the process of detecting and correcting errors and inconsistencies from a data set in order to improve its quality.
Our data cleaning services aim not just to clean the data, but also to bring uniformity to different data sets that have been merged from other sources. After cleansing, a data set should be consistent with similar data sets within the system.
As a leader among cleansing companies in Australia, we provide a full suite of data cleansing services:
- Import Data: Unclean data from your systems is imported into our cleansing system. Typically provided by yourselves in an Excel, CSV, or Tab-Separated Text file format.
- Merge Data Sets: Data from multiple differently formatted sources (eg excel, csv, sql, sap, salesforce etc) is converted and merged into a common database.
- Rebuild Missing Data: Wherever possible, missing information is recreated (e.g. Post codes, states, country, phone area codes, gender, web address from email addresses etc.).
- Standardise Data: Data is combined, separated or modified to ensure that the same type of data exists in each column. This step ensures that your contact’s first name, last name, email address, mobile phone number etc. are all in their respective columns.
- Normalise Data: Similar data is normalised (e.g. mister, Mr., mr are all converted to Mr. Or street, st., strt. are all converted to St.). Telephone numbers are converted to their standard Telstra format, or otherwise as advised by yourselves. Email and web addresses formats are also checked, where provided, and reformatted as necessary.
- De-Duplicate data: We use a custom-built fuzzy-matching algorithm to identify potential duplicates. Our methodology provides high accuracy matches with a tolerance for misspelling, missing values or different address orders. For mission critical data, these results are manually reviewed (by either ourselves or our client) and the database updated accordingly.
- Verify & Enrich Data: Data is validated against internal and external database sources and additional value-adding info is appended. (Eg business contacts can be validated against the White / Yellow pages to verify that their phone number and address are still current. ABNs, ANZSIC codes, credit ratings, geo-coords, key contacts, employee size, profit, revenue, time zones etc can also be returned for each company. Where databases are not available, we can provide call centre services to track down this hard-to-find data. Alternatively, we also we also provide self-verification services. See Data Check for more details.
- Export Data: Data can be exported in numerous formats for example, excel, csv, SQL database, XML, tiff, PDF, or as required. Typically, we return it in the same layout and format that we receive it.
Whilst the above process depicts data cleansing as a simple, sequential cycle, real projects can be messy and require certain steps to be performed before others, or other steps to be re-iteratively processed with significant exploration and interaction.
Regardless of the eventual path taken for your project, you can be assured that with our experience and expertise, we will deliver you a quality result.
Benefits of Data Cleansing
Clean and accurate CRM data is essential for effective sales, marketing and customer management strategies. It’s an economical method of making your CRM data useable again and delivers a range of benefits, all of which improve your company’s profitability:
- Ensures the right contact gets the right information.
- Accurate contact details improve response rates.
- Brand image is preserved and client distress reduced from sending correctly detailed solicitations.
- Eliminates wasted effort and costs of marketing to contacts with incorrect details.
- Deduplication reduces costs associated with multiple mailings to the same contact.
- Valid emails are a cost effective method of reaching your intended audience quickly and effectively. This also reduces the possibility of your company being black-listed on spam registers.
- Appending Australian Post Delivery Point Identifiers (DPIDs) to addressed mail provides access to bulk-postage discounts of up to 25%.
- Appending value-adding data facilitates richer analytics, improved market segmentation, higher response rates and reduced risk.
- Promotes compliance with the Australian Privacy Act.
Clean CRM data leads to improved marketing, increased sales and ultimately, elevated company performance.
Case Study: Corrupt ERP data
A B2B client acquired over 12,500 customers in their 10 year life. Approximately 1,300 active customers generated over 80% of their income, whilst another 4,500 customers had made at least one purchase in the preceding 18 months. Execs were wondering about the 6,700 lost customers? Where they still in business? Could they be recovered? Are their contact details correct?
The answer to their question was delivered in 5 days from instigating a data cleansing solution:
|Out of Business||881||7%|
Contact details for approximately 3,900 ‘lost customers’ were verified and corrected. 9% of the original data was duplicated and 7% of their customers had gone out of business. The remaining 7% of original data was unable to be verified.
Types Of Data That We Cleanse
As a data cleansing specialist, we provide you with high accuracy levels at competitive prices with a fast turnaround. This service is targeted at organisations undergoing system upgrades or those looking for a better return from their data. Our typical data cleaning services include:
- CRM data. This includes in-house and cloud based systems like Salesforce, Zoho etc.
- Customer Sales data in preparation for data mining or marketing campaigns.
- Consolidating organisational data from internal and external sources.
- Extracting data from paper or pdf documents, and converting into required formats.
- Master data management for finance, inventory or products.
- Migrating data from legacy systems to new applications or for archival purposes. This includes CRM, ERP, financial, Health & Safety, maintenance, products, production data etc.
- Procurement and spend data for category or logistics analysis.
Cleansed data empowers you to make winning decisions with confidence, increasing your organisation’s efficiency and profitability.
Serious About Data Security
We take ultimate care when dealing with your data and adhere to the strictest possible guidelines to ensure the integrity of your data remains a high priority within our processes. Customer data is stored on secure servers, which are only accessible by the project team.
Sixty days after your project is completed, we back-up, compress and encrypt your cleansed data, with the file only openable by our system administrator. All other data files are securely shredded from our system, with no ability to recover it.